Friday, February 11, 2011

MY LOST LOVE - FALLING IN AND OUT OF LOVE

This is the second installment to above heading:-

We began visiting each other’s homes often, and in the evenings she met me after office, and I accompanied her to her home, spent a couple of hours there, had dinner and returned home. Very often she came with her father, who had an old car to drop me back at home.

A couple of months later I was able to find a job, not up to expectation, but nevertheless decided to accept it as I strongly believed in, something is better than nothing. My GF also had no objections to my accepting the job, so the matter was settled. We decided to wait for at least a year or so, pending my confirmation in the post, having had a bitter experience in my previous employment with the Bank.

Something I forgot to mention, my GF at times lost her temper for trivial things, and got in to tantrums, and looked fit to explode, but these things did not last for long, and were forgotten by both parties almost immediately.

In less than a year, luck came my way at the most unexpected time and I was able to secure a good job in a State Corporation, and I was so happy that every thing was turning out to be in my favor, and thought that, all my problems were over. At the time I little knew that, my problems were just beginning to surface. Well, there is a saying ‘ignorance is bliss’, so little knowing what was in store for me, I began making plans for our marriage, and she too went ahead with the preparations quite enthusiastically, and I had no reason to think or notice that anything was amiss. Well, may be even if I had I felt little tremors of an impending catastrophe, I was too naive, even to imagine that she would let me down, as I was under the mistaken belief that she was madly if not crazily and inseparably in love with me. (To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment