About five months after commencing my new job, I thought I should have a serious talk with Sue, about fixing a date for our wedding, and also speaking to the Parish Priest of the Church we attended, regarding the arrangements for the wedding.
One evening having accompanied her home, after a cup of tea and a little small talk with her parents, I sat with her and mentioned to her that it is high time we made serious arrangements for our wedding and fixing a date for the event, about six months hence, as it would be possible for us to finalize things by then.
Her reply shook my whole being, and things began to explode in my head and I began to feel small streaks of lightning passing through my head, or at least, that is what I thought at the time
Quite casually she told me,” Lionel, I have still not thought about the wedding yet, as I am not very sure that I want to go ahead with the wedding, as I am not sure that I want to marry you”. Can you imagine the shock I felt? Gosh, I was dumbstruck. My throat went dry. I just wanted to puke and I broke in to a cold sweat, I felt as if I am about to go crazy, but managed to hold on to my sanity with the greatest difficulty.
How could she do this to me, after all the things we had gone through together?
No comments:
Post a Comment